CrossAccent Summer 2020
The summer 2020 issue of CrossAccent is devoted to issues surrounding the pandemic. Fourteen contributors—musicians, pastors, scholars, theologians, and a physician—have provided wisdom, experience, advice, and encouragement for these uncertain and challenging times, and we thank them for generously sharing their gifts in this way.
At the bottom of this page are melody-line TIF files of the three new compositions by Anne Krentz Organ that are included in this issue. The pieces are reproducible for local use through May 31, 2021. Accompaniments are included on pages 69 and 70 of this issue.
You may view/download the whole issue or the individual articles below.
Medicine and Ministry
- Deciphering the Science and Medicine of SARS-CoV-2 – Justin M. Glasgow
- Pandemic as Paradox – Paul Westermeyer
Keywords: Assembly Communion, Singing
- Thinking Again about Assembly in a Time of Pandemic – Gordon W. Lathrop
- On the Loss of Communion – Robert Buckley Farlee
- On Pandemic and Singing – Mark Bangert
Contexts: Time, Liturgy, Ritual
- Pandemic Myopia and Liturgical Time – Sean Daenzer
- Assembly in Exile: Worship at Mount Olive Lutheran Church, Minneapolis, MN – David Cherwien
- God’s Infinite Imagination: Worship at Trinity Lutheran Church, Perkasie, PA – Jennifer L. Phelps
- Healing Rites for a Post-Pandemic World – Kyle K. Schiefelbein-Guerrero
Encouragements: Wisdom, Beauty, Truth
- Praying the Psalms during the Pandemic – Jean R. Boehler
- Sing to the Lord a New Song! Really? Now? – Anne Krentz Organ**
- Worship in Spirit and Truth – Julie Grindle
Justice and Vocation
**Downloadable congregational TIF files for three new compositions by Anne Krentz Organ included in this issue: