Online registration is closed. Walk-ins are welcome.
A day of practical workshops for choral/vocal and instrumental (guitar/organ/piano) church musicians and worship leaders (clergy and laity) seeking to renew, refresh and “reform” congregational song.
Specific topics will include:
- Psalmody and song leadership with voice and guitar
- Choral music reading sessions and consideration of teaching and
- leadership skills for small choirs for both adults and children
- Assembly song leadership from on, and off, the bench: organ and piano
- Young people as worship leaders: invite, include and involve
8:30 – Registration (and food and beverage)
9:00 – Welcome Service of Song and Prayer in Loehe Chapel
9:20 – Session 1
10:30 – Break
10:45 – Session 2
12:00 noon – Lunch (provided)
1:15 – Sing!
1:30 – Session 3
2:30 – Sending Service of Word and Song
3:00 – Depart
Housing for June 22 and/or June 23 is available at WTS. For information contact Lynn Baumhover at email@example.com to confirm vacancy and cost.($65) Housing is not included in workshop registration fee.
Presenters & Topics
Richard Bruxvoort Colligan: “Singing Psalms in the 21st Century.”
Roxanne Eggen Rollefson: “Teach understanding, teach singing, practice God’s word and the true faith.”
Roy W. Carroll: “You want me to what? – how do you do that? Leading and encouraging assembly song with organ and/or piano.”
The Rev. Janet Lepp: “Young People as Worship Leaders.”