St. Mark Lutheran Church
St. Mark Lutheran Church Music Director
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom, and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
And whenever the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand and Saul would be relieved and feel better, and the evil spirit would depart from him.
1 Samuel 16:23
It was the duty of the trumpeters and singers to make themselves heard in unison in praise and thanksgiving to the Lord, and when the song was raised with trumpets and cymbals and other musical instruments in praise to the Lord, “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.” The house, of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.
2 Chronicles 5:13-14
Recognizing that music serves an important purpose in worship and as a ministry not only to St. Mark but also to Community, the Music Director is a key leader in the Church. The Music Director for St. Mark is responsible for implementing the goals of the ministry of Music for the Church.
1. The Music Director shall report to the Worship and Music Committee and Pastor.
2. The Music Director, Worship and Music Committee, and the Committee invitees shall be responsible for developing the goals for the music ministry of St. Mark.
3. It shall be the responsibility of the Music Director to implement the goals.
4. The Music Director shall provide a report to the Worship and Music committee regarding the progress of the accomplishment of the goals monthly.
1. The Music Director shall order music and supplies as needed.
2. Maintain or direct the maintenance of the choir music library files. Also, research publisher and composers as needed for out of print music.
3. Review choir music samples sent by publishers and music supply companies. Research with Choir Director new choir music.
4. Choose hymns
5. Coordinate maintenance church instruments
Other Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned or Recognized
The Music Director Shall:
1. Lead worship playing liturgy, hymns, prelude, and postlude on the pipe organ or piano when appropriate at the Saturday evening and Sunday morning traditional services
2. Attends and participates in meetings of the Worship and Music Committee
3. Accompanies musical groups such as choirs or other instrumentalists/vocalists as required or directed
4. Recruit and schedule musicians for special music assisting them with preparation as required
1. Education: Advanced Degree in Music Performance or Education preferred.
2. Experience: Previous church music experience with organ and piano/keyboard. Should be familiar with the Lutheran liturgy and church calendar.
3. General: Must be Christian by confession and lifestyle. Must be open to variety of musical expressions. Must be willing to work with a variety of people.
Serious inquires only. No phone calls accepted. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org