Trinity Lutheran Church
Trinity Lutheran Church (ELCA) in Des Plaines, IL is seeking a part time organist and accompanist for our traditional music program. The organist/accompanist will work collaboratively with the Pastor, Director of Music, and the Worship and Music Committee to enhance the worship experience and encourage spiritual growth of the assembly and those participating directly in the ministry of music. He/she will apply the knowledge of music and music performance to the overall mission of the church in worship and educational programming.
The music department boasts a beautiful, three manual, 44 rank Schantz (1976) organ, a Baldwin piano, a Mason and Hamlin piano, five octave Schulmerich handbell set, and chimes.
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Select and provide organ and piano music for all Sunday morning services and other season services of the church, such as Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, Midweek Services in Advent and Lent, and other services as required.
- Accompany the Adult Choir in rehearsal and at worship services on piano and/or organ.
- Provide organ music for all weddings and funerals held at the church, consulting with wedding couples or families if requested. For these services the organist will receive an additional fee as specified in the church policy. The services of another organist may be used with the permission of the regular organist.
- Prepare an annual report detailing the current condition of the organ and pianos and specifying the necessary maintenance.
- Maintain professional competence by practicing, performing, attending continuing education, teaching workshops and seminars, and reading professional publications.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. Bachelor’s degree or higher in music, or commensurate experience preferred. Average of 7 hours per week. Please submit resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com