Website Trinity Lutheran Kent
Trinity Lutheran Church in Kent, Ohio, is seeking an experienced Organist/Accompanist with a strong Christian faith, preferred Lutheran background, to serve at two traditional services every Sunday as well as a midweek (Wednesday evening) rehearsal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide prelude, offertory and postlude music for the Sunday worship services (2 services)
- Play all music as required for the liturgy, including interludes, hymns and special music
- Accompany and rehearse with the Cantate Choir prior to the 8:15 am weekly service. Accompany the choir for the anthem during service.
- Accompany and rehearse with the Chancel Choir at weekly evening rehearsals. Accompany the choir for the anthem during the late service (10:45 am).
- In addition to the Sunday worship services, play at special services observed throughout the year, including but not limited to Ash Wednesday, Easter week services, and Christmas Eve.
- All other special services (weddings, funerals, etc) are to be arranged with the families of those requesting the service. You are not required to play those services but will be given “right of first refusal”. Payment will be arranged between you and the requesting family.
Skills and Qualifications
- A creative, enthusiastic presence for leading a congregation in worship.
- Ability to work collaboratively and joyfully with a team of staff and volunteers of varying ages and skill levels.
- Excellent verbal/public speaking skills to support positive relationships and open communication among staff and congregation.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience as a professional musician or otherwise demonstrates excellence in capacity for organ and piano.
- Proficiency in sight reading
- Knowledge of the worship liturgy and proficiency in playing different settings preferred.
While the congregation is currently seeking an organist/accompanist, applicants with appropriate skill set and interest may be considered for additional employment, including adult choir director, handbell choir director, youth choir director and music director.
Interested parties should submit cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation for consideration for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com