ALCM nurtures and equips musicians
to serve and lead the church’s song.
The church’s song takes many forms
and is expressed in many ways.
ALCM offers practical education programs
and diverse resources
to serve musicians of all types
from paid professionals
By connecting servant leaders to one another
and by cultivating their musical gifts,
ALCM supports worshipping communities
in the proclamation of the gospel.
The Association of Lutheran Church Musicians
Music is a vital expression of Lutheran worship. The church’s song takes many forms and is expressed in many ways. By sharing the knowledge, experience and passion that honor our heritage and inspire our future, ALCM nurtures and equips those who lead music in worship. ALCM offers practical education programs and diverse resources through conferences, publications and fellowship to serve musicians of all types – from paid professionals to volunteers. By connecting servant leaders to one another and by cultivating their musical gifts, ALCM supports worshipping communities in the proclamation of the gospel.
Learn more about ALCM . . .
Learn about the many benefits of membership in ALCM and/or apply to become a member.
The next webinar, scheduled for February 7, features Kip Fox sharing tips for leading a worship/praise band. Can’t join us that day? Register now and view the recorded webinar at your leisure.
Members receive the journal CrossAccent as well as the more practical In Tempo, both published three times per year. In addition, a monthly e-newsletter keeps members and others up to date on news and events.
What’s new at ALCM
and on the website?
New! Register for the February 7 webinar with Kip Fox: “Tips for Leading a Worship (Praise) Band”
Recordings of webinars by David Cherwien, Bradley Ellingboe, Karol Kimmell, and Connie Millberg available for purchase in the Marketplace.
For members only: Publishers’ Digital Reading Sessions (log in to the members area)
“If I could belong to only one professional organization, I would choose ALCM.”
–Anne Krentz Organ, Park Ridge, IL
ALCM members are . . .
- Organists, pianists, choir directors, instrumentalists, praise band and instrumental ensemble leaders, and handbell directors
- Lutherans and non-Lutherans working in Lutheran and non-Lutheran congregations
- Full-time, part-time, volunteer, retired church musicians, and others who share an interest in music in the Lutheran tradition
- Musicians, pastors, teachers, choir members, worship and music committee members, and other interested lay people
- Musicians with a high level of training, musicians with a modest amount of training, and musicians who are primarily self-trained