ALCM nurtures and equips musicians
to serve and lead the church’s song.
The church’s song takes many forms
and is expressed in many ways.
ALCM offers practical education programs
and diverse resources
to serve musicians of all types
from paid professionals
By connecting servant leaders to one another
and by cultivating their musical gifts,
ALCM supports worshipping communities
in the proclamation of the gospel.
The Association of Lutheran Church Musicians
Music is a vital expression of Lutheran worship. The church’s song takes many forms and is expressed in many ways. By sharing the knowledge, experience and passion that honor our heritage and inspire our future, ALCM nurtures and equips those who lead music in worship. ALCM offers practical education programs and diverse resources through conferences, publications and fellowship to serve musicians of all types – from paid professionals to volunteers. By connecting servant leaders to one another and by cultivating their musical gifts, ALCM supports worshipping communities in the proclamation of the gospel.
ALCM is pleased to announce its 2021 webinars, a group of three seasonal and one free series.
Worship Streams & Recordings
We have begun to compile a list of ALCM member-led worship streams and recordings.
Check out our first Hearts • Hands • Voices virtual event! Content created by a team led by Mark Johanson (Charlotte, NC) is available now!
Learn about the many benefits of membership in ALCM and/or apply to become a member.
Members receive the journal CrossAccent as well as the more practical In Tempo, both published three times per year. In addition, a monthly e-newsletter keeps members and others up to date on news and events.
What’s new at ALCM
and on the website?
New! Virtual Easter Hymn
New! For members (login required):
All ALCM recordings available for listening
Spring 2021 publishers digital reading sessions
Newest In Tempo and CrossAccent issues
“If I could belong to only one professional organization, I would choose ALCM.”
–Anne Krentz Organ, Park Ridge, IL
ALCM members are . . .
- Organists, pianists, choir directors, instrumentalists, praise band and instrumental ensemble leaders, and handbell directors
- Lutherans and non-Lutherans working in Lutheran and non-Lutheran congregations
- Full-time, part-time, volunteer, retired church musicians, and others who share an interest in music in the Lutheran tradition
- Musicians, pastors, teachers, choir members, worship and music committee members, and other interested lay people
- Musicians with a high level of training, musicians with a modest amount of training, and musicians who are primarily self-trained