ALCM nurtures and equips musicians
to serve and lead the church’s song.
The church’s song takes many forms
and is expressed in many ways.
ALCM offers practical education programs
and diverse resources
to serve musicians of all types
from paid professionals
By connecting servant leaders to one another
and by cultivating their musical gifts,
ALCM supports worshipping communities
in the proclamation of the gospel.
The Association of Lutheran Church Musicians
Music is a vital expression of Lutheran worship. The church’s song takes many forms and is expressed in many ways. By sharing the knowledge, experience and passion that honor our heritage and inspire our future, ALCM nurtures and equips those who lead music in worship. ALCM offers practical education programs and diverse resources through conferences, publications and fellowship to serve musicians of all types – from paid professionals to volunteers. By connecting servant leaders to one another and by cultivating their musical gifts, ALCM supports worshipping communities in the proclamation of the gospel.
“What Wondrous Love”
Registration is now open for the 2023 biennial conference in Philadelphia. Discover all the conference has to offer at https://alcm.org/2023-philadelphia/
The deadline for submissions for the 2023 Raabe Prize for Excellence in Sacred Composition is October 1, 2022.
A new set of resources developed to assist congregations in the process of searching for and hiring a musician.
Worship Streams & Recordings
Here is a list of ALCM member-led worship streams and recordings.
What’s new on the website?
What’s new for members?
Members must log in to access the following:
Newest In Tempo and CrossAccent issues
New! Paul Otte hymn harmonizations for:
Christe sanctorum; Dundee; O dass ich tausend (König); In the Sweet By and By
Learn about the many benefits of membership in ALCM and/or apply to become a member.
Members receive the journal CrossAccent as well as the more practical In Tempo, both published three times per year. In addition, a monthly e-newsletter keeps members and others up to date on news and events.
Your donation to ALCM will help advance our mission to equip musicians for service in the church.
ALCM members are . . .
- Organists, pianists, choir directors, instrumentalists, praise band and instrumental ensemble leaders, and handbell directors
- Lutherans and non-Lutherans working in Lutheran and non-Lutheran congregations
- Full-time, part-time, volunteer, retired church musicians, and others who share an interest in music in the Lutheran tradition
- Musicians, pastors, teachers, choir members, worship and music committee members, and other interested lay people
- Musicians with a high level of training, musicians with a modest amount of training, and musicians who are primarily self-trained