Job Listing Service
The ALCM job listing service connects those looking for jobs in the field of church music with congregations and other institutions that have job openings. Job openings are posted on the ALCM website, where those looking for positions can view them. Congregations regularly report back to us that the candidates they interviewed and/or hired found the listing on the ALCM site.
Beginning in 2017, there is a $25 fee for listing positions on the ALCM site. Fees paid for this service are deposited directly into a designated scholarship fund, which is used primarily to provide financial assistance for church music students to attend educational events. By paying this listing fee, congregations are directly supporting the raising up of new musicians within the church. The scholarship fund also receives donations from ALCM members who “round up” their membership dues and from directed gifts to the fund.
To submit a job listing:
- Access the job listing form.
- If you are a member or have made purchases through the new website, log in. Otherwise enter your email address in the appropriate field.
- Fill out the job listing form. Be sure to complete all of the required fields (marked with an asterisk *).
- Click the “Preview” button.
- Review the listing as it appears on the preview page. Then select either the “Edit Listing” or “Choose a Package” button on the upper right side.
- We don’t have multiple “packages” (options), so click the “Submit” button again on the upper right side.
- The job listing has now been added to your cart. Complete or edit the displayed billing information. Enter your credit card information and click the “Place Order” button at the bottom of the page.
Once your payment is accepted, you will see a confirmation page with your data, indicating that it has been received by the ALCM office. PLEASE NOTE that listings submitted will not appear immediately on the website, but normally will be posted to the site within 24 hours.
To request updates or changes after the listing appears on the website, please email the changes to us at email@example.com and a staff member will make the changes for you.
If you included information in the “Application Deadline” field of the form, your ad will be posted through that date and then removed. If you did not include information in that field, your ad will be listed for 90 days from the posting date.. Please contact us if you fill your position within that time or if you wish your ad to continue beyond the three months.
Please note: Posting of job listings on the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians (ALCM) website does not imply endorsement by ALCM, nor do we accept responsibility for verifying the accuracy of the listings.
Employment guidelines have been established as an aid for pastors, worship & music committees, call committees and other congregational leaders involved in the employment of musicians in the Lutheran church. Included are sample descriptions, hourly allocations, covenant agreements, and salary information, along with worksheets designed to educated and assist congregations in preparing equitable employment packages that promote good working relationships and support shared ministry goals.